Intellectual Property

You are welcome to look, read, study, and learn. you are welcome to link/share it. you are welcome to quote or rewrite 1 or 2 sentences of my post (not all of them), but please don't forget to mention me/link my site.
But you are not allowed and please don't take any of images (with or without watermark) from this site without my permission.

Please e-mail me if you have trouble accessing pdf contents on this blog. :)

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

My first cardigan.. for me

As you can see, i'am not a type who like knit a big thing.
But, it's looks like that knitting a sweater has become a latest trend at my knitting's group.
And after few months just watched someone else knitting sweater, i finally can't stand anymore : I had to knit one!


Still remember from Debbie Bliss's tips, I picked the colors, drawn some sketch, picked the motives i want, measure the size, and finally made some gauge swatch to determined how many stitch i had to knit, etc.

I knew i am a knitter that can knit quite fast.. But i never test it to make a big knitting until now. And i surprised when this 'thing' finished only in two weeks.

Not perfect in design, but i feel happy! ^ ^


Inspirations and/or books used =
- [this] pinterest's picture, for model inspiration
- Essentially Feminine Knits by Lene Samsoe, for size guide
- Cast On, Bind Off by Cap Sease, for invisible bind off at every ribbing edges
- Knitting On The edge by Nicky Epstein, for embellished at the sleeves
- ミセスの手あみ 16 (Let’s Knit series), for leaves lace pattern inspiration

After this "baby", i knit one more cardigan using stranded knitting technique. Simpler one than this, because for me lace pattern is more complicated than stranded knitting.


Happy Knitting!! :D

@ajeng_poyeng

2 comments:

Printfriendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly