Intellectual Property

You are welcome to look, read, study, and learn. you are welcome to link/share it. you are welcome to quote or rewrite 1 or 2 sentences of my post (not all of them), but please don't forget to mention me/link my site.
But you are not allowed and please don't take any of images (with or without watermark) from this site without my permission.

Please e-mail me if you have trouble accessing pdf contents on this blog. :)

Friday, August 15, 2014

Rajut Free Knitting Pattern : a cardigan with some adjustment

I always love Pierrot's patterns. They usually only have one size = medium. And thank God its my size (and also my husband size). I also used their patterns as a reminder to maintain my weight if i still want to knit their patterns for myself without making any adjustment. :p


I knitted this cardigan based on this cardigan free knitting pattern from Pierrot. Since the pattern used smaller yarn than i used, i made change based on simple math equation, so the result would still have same size with the example. And also made it as a long sleeve's cardigan. The pattern itself come in one color. Except for the additional color and adaptation because i change the yarn and needle, and knit it in round, i did not make any change to this pattern.

Why i knitted it as sweater? Because stranded knitting is easier to make in round. I also not very fond using purl stitch very often.

The pattern for color part, i made only in simple excel. The patterns made based on this picture, except for the cat and squirrel part, i used charts from book of knitting stitches i had.
*digital art = Dare to Dream by Jojoincov
note = the friend that want this cardigan give me edited version of this picture on his mail. I found the original source of this image by searching it in Google, that's why i can share the original one. Because I didn't want to add an image that isn't mine without proper credit. :)
After I finished knitted the sweater, i steek it so it will be a cardigan. It's my first attemp at steek, and i think i a little bit ruined the stitches (my heartbeat raised to the roof)! So i reinforced the crochet edging right away after i cut the knitting, and reinforced it again by sewing it with a ribbon (so i will only see the beautiful thing, which is : ribbon).. fyuuhh...



Pattern used = Honwaka Cardigan by Pierrot (Gosyo)
Yarn used = SA Poyeng (soft acrylic)
Knitting Needle = 4mm/80cm and 4mm/23cm
skill needed = (to follow the pattern) basic knitting, sew a knitting, reading Japanese style knitting pattern; (to make it as i did) intermediate knitting, color knitting, steek, circular knitting.

Book used =
- Mastering Color Knitting by Melissa Leapman (you also can find about Steek by googling it)
- 500 Knitting Stitches (the book written in Chinese, true be told, i not really know if the tittle is right)



Happy Knitting!! 

 @Ajeng_Poyeng

1 comment:

Printfriendly

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Printfriendly